Recipe: Gorgonzola Prosciutto Tarts
Cooking Utensils: Baking paper, Baking tray (at least 32cm x 32cm)
– 1 tablespoon Maggie Beer Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 brown onions thinly sliced
– 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
– 150gm Catel Gorgonzola, crumbled
– 1 tablespoon thyme
– 375g Carême Butter Puff Pastry
– 1 beaten egg yolk for egg wash
– 12 thin slices Prosciutto
– 1 cup packed wild rocket
– ¼ cup basil, coarsely torn
– Maggie Beer Vino Cotto, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and sauté until tender (6-8minutes).
- Transfer onion and garlic mix to a bowl, cool to room temperature. Add Gorgonzola Bontazola and thyme, season to taste and set aside.
- Roll pastry out to a square approximately 30cm x 30cm and using a pizza cutter cut into 12 rectangles. Spread over two baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Score a 1cm border part-way through the pastry with a small sharp knife then scatter over the Gorgonzola mixture.
- Brush border with eggwash and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until risen and golden.
- To serve, arrange prosciutto over the tart, scatter with rocket and basil and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and Vino Cotto.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.